Fluffy Dijon Scrambled Eggs by @amyleefit_
- 6 free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp butter (cold not room temp)
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche (cold not room temp) or olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 packet Dijon Mustard Tasty Toppers, to serve
- Crack the eggs into a cold, heavy pan, place on the lowest heat possible, and add half the butter. Using a spatula, stir the eggs frequently to combine the yolks with the whites. Do not add salt and pepper in the beginning as this makes the eggs watery.
- As the mixture begins to set, add the remaining butter. The eggs will take about 4-5 minutes to scramble – they should still be soft and quite lumpy. Don’t let them get too hot – keep moving the pan off and back on the heat (as the bottom of the pan stays heated even after taking it off of the stove).
- Once it is the cooked through as desired, turn off heat and stir through the crème fraîche and Dijon mustard. This will cool it down. Turn off the heat and season the eggs with salt and pepper, then add the sliced chives. Pile the softly scrambled eggs on a warm plate and serve immediately sprinkles with Tasty Toppers for crunch instead of toast!